STATEMENT OF FAITH
We at Christian Outdoor Adventures believe it is important to state clearly what we believe. Below is our statement of faith.
- We believe the scripture of the Old and New Testament to be the written, living Word of God. We believe the scripture is God’s intended revelation of Himself to mankind. We believe the scripture was divinely inspired, and trustworthy, as the final authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in preaching and teaching the Word in its entirety and that God and Jesus are found in both the Old and New Testaments. We believe that ignoring or manipulating scripture to accommodate a political or social stance, or a personal agenda is repugnant to God. Those who do so will be judged in accordance with the scriptures. We believe that all things, and decisions should be made through the lens of what the scripture says.
- We believe there is one true God. God the Father created the world and all in it for his pleasure. We believe God the Father is the creator, sustainer, preserver, and redeemer in all things. God is infinite in his holiness and is perfect in every way.
- We believe in the Triune God. We believe that God chooses to reveal himself in three manners Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Distinct in their attributes, but one in nature, essence, and being.
- We believe in Jesus Christ as the one and only son of God. Fully God and fully man. He was born of the virgin Mary, lived a full sinless life, and taught so that others may know him.
- We believe God gave Jesus as a sacrifice for all of mankind, that anyone who believes in him will be saved. Jesus was offered as an atonement for the sins of the world, past, present, and future. Jesus suffered a horrible death on the cross, descended into hell, and three days later ascended to the Father where he sits today.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit as promised by Jesus to be that person of God that is with us still. It is through the Holy Spirit we are drawn into a relationship with God through Jesus. It is through the Holy Spirit the scriptures are made clear to us.
- We believe that mankind was created in God’s image and that as such we have a unique responsibility to be like God. We believe that mankind’s whole purpose is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever. To live our lives in an effort to bring glory and honor to God every day and to enjoy his blessings, every day.
- We believe that all life is a gift of God and that both the living and the unborn are precious gifts made in the image of God. As such, life begins at the moment of conception and should be protected from conception until natural death.
- We believe that salvation is a free gift of God offered to all humanity through his son Jesus. By accepting Jesus as your lord and Savior, full redemption is achieved and celebrated. There is no salvation apart from a personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord.
- We believe in the forgiveness of sin as offered through the sacrifice of Christ on the cross. That when we repent of our sins, God is faithful and just and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. But that forgiveness follows repentance.
- We believe that Grace is freely given to everyone. As defined, Grace is the undeserved, unmerited, and unending love of God. We understand and believe that it is only by God’s grace that we are able to enter into a relationship with him. It is by God’s grace that we are able to be forgiven and to forgive.
- We believe that sin separates us from God, and that only through repentance can we return to the right relationship with God through Jesus.
- We believe in the value of worship and community within your local church. That believers should congregate together and share in community with one another.
- We believe in the return of Christ in the end days and in the resurrection of the dead into union with him. Where all who believe will spend eternity in the presence of God.
- We believe in heaven and hell where we are in the full presence of God, [heaven] or totally and completely separated from God for all eternity. [hell]
- We believe that in all things, Jesus be glorified and all blessing flow from his goodness and his grace. Our relationship with Christ is based on faith alone, apart from good works. But because of our faith, good works naturally follow.